If your 2011/1911 pistol uses a BULL type barrel (open or standard) you need to select the kit “1911/2011 for Bull Type barrel”. This kit is more expensive because it includes additional parts – namely a bushing and a recoil spring plug to work with that bushing.
However, please NOTE: if your slide does not have the Bushing lock-up slot cut into it (as shown in the picture on the side) – you will not be able to use the kit in your pistol! The team at CoolFire are working on developing a new model for this, but it is not yet available.
The CoolFire kit is the most advances, effective and enjoyable way to practice your shooting skills. From the comfort of your home, you can use your actual pistol and magazine to practice all your shooting skills, including the recoil control and target transition which are so critical.
The CoolFire system is a CO2 gas powdered kit that replaces the barrel in your pistol to simulate recoil, while cycling the slide and cocking the hammer/Striker of your gun. Fill the barrel CO2 storage tank in seconds, and have another magazine capacity of shots. Using inexpensive and readily available Soda Steam type CO2 tanks, you can recharge your CoolFire for thousands of practice shots at a fraction of the cost of shooting live ammo.
Each CoolFire System includes:
- A CO2 powered CoolFire Trainer barrel replacement for your model,
- A recoil spring and/or rod that replaces your gun's recoil system,
- 2pcs slide release inserts for your gun's magazine to prevent slide lock, supporting all relevant calibers
- 2 spare striker tips, grease, hex key for adjustment or purging.
- A Soda Maker, charge adapter.
Please note that you cannot use your CoolFire system without first obtaining a CO2 gas tank! The system ships depressurized and needs to be charged before use. The most readily available tank option is the Soda Stream type canisters which are available globally at very reasonable prices. In most countries you can order filled Soda Stream CO2 gas tanks online, and get a refund for empty tanks returned too! A Soda Stream gas tank will provide CO2 for an estimated 2.000 shots. A 20oz paintball tank may also be used (with suitable adaptor) and will supply case for an estimated 2.500 shots.
Pre-charged and disposable 90gr tanks are available too (you will need the adaptor for that option) and can be used for an estimated 350 shots each. Some shipping restrictions may apply.
The CoolFire system is gun specific. Double-Alpha currently stocks those gun types which are popular. If you want to purchase a system for a model not shown here, contact us and perhaps we can get it for you.
Not including with the System, but sold separately are:
- An optional laser attachment (visible or IR)
- A quick charge adaptor, to increase capacity and incorporated laser (visible or IR)
- Other charge tank adaptors options, such as an adaptor suitable for the 90gr disposable or paintball tanks.
- Spare parts, reflective targets and more.