One of the problems facing competitive Shooters in the winter months is how to remain warm enough, while competing or training in cold climates. The answer is now simple! The DAA SHOTAC Shooting Vest is a custom designed functional vest that allows the user to wear it while actively shooting. The SHOTAC Vest is not cumbersome and does not interfere with the draw, reloads or user movement while shooting IPSC, USPSA, IDPA or other practical pistol disciplines. Anyone who trains or competes in cold weather will love this vest!
Building on 15 years experience gained by Competitive Edge Dynamics with their CED Shooting Vest, DAA designed this exciting updated version using modern materials, sleek new look, and wonderful feel.
The DAA SHOTAC Shooting Vest incorpoates a matt finish black texture and a soft-shell outer finish. It is water repellent, yet breathable and very comfortable to wear for extended periods of time. The cut and fit are designed and made specifically for competitive style shooting, while outdoors in the extreme cold.
The DAA Shotec Vest’s features include:
- Thermal insulation providing warmth without creating bulkiness
- The wide and deep armhole pattern assures comfort when in the arm-extended double-grip shooting stance
- Wide elastic side panels create a snug body fit, preventing interference when drawing the pistol or reloading
- 4 wide elastic Velcro straps connect the vest to your inner belt, keeping it in place while preventing it from riding up
- Designed to end just above the belt, avoiding interference with shooting belt and gear
- 2 front cargo pockets, plus 2 zippered chest pockets, provide ample storage
- 3 horizontal web straps on the chest of the vest, create connection points for hanging a timer, radio or other small gear
- Rain hoodie is folded into neck collar for those inclement days
- Includes transparent name card holder, and Velcro patch attachment tabs
- Rubberized SHOTAC and DAA logos on the chest and back of the vest.
This shooting vest is designed to fit snugly. It will fit shooters with average to slightly heavy builds, but may be too tight around the stomach for those with very large midsections. In an effort to provide helpful sizing information, we have researched various groups of people and recorded their chest circumference and their best fitting Shooting Vest size.
The results indicate that European customers should order their shooting vest in the same size they usually order their shirts/jackets in.
US customers should order their shooting Vests one size larger than the size they usually buy their cloths in. (so if you usually buy size L clothing in the USA, order an XL vest).
Chest Circumference - Size to order
84-90cm (33 - 35") - SMALL
90-96cm (35 - 38") - MEDIUM
96-102cm (38 - 40") - LARGE
102-108cm (40 - 42") - X-LARGE
108-115cm (42 - 45") - XX-LARGE
115-123cm (45 - 48.5") - XXX-LARGE